Head of Business Development, CTS
- Woonsocket, RI
This role will primarily work with clinical trial teams to drive partnerships in life sciences and healthcare industries. The Head of Business Development will leverage existing relationships with C-level executives at BioPharma and other healthcare companies, develop new relationships and act as a trusted business partner to deeply understand their unique challenges and goals. This role will leverage the innovative power of Clinical Trial Services products to help shape our partners' healthcare, technology and life sciences strategies, and drive overall growth in partnerships and deal value.
• Support sales of Clinical Trial Services partnerships, demonstrate a working knowledge of Clinical Trial Services product suite, bring an awareness to the market of CVS clinical trial capabilities, and value propositions into BioPharma engagements.
• Build and deepen executive relationships with enterprise customers, influence their long-term strategic direction, and serve as a business partner to grow CVS Clinical Trial Services sales.
• Negotiate and manage entire complex enterprise deal cycles, presenting to global C-level executives.
• Develop and grow a partnership pipeline and account strategy, by partnering with Clinical Trial Services product teams in prospecting, identifying, and qualifying business prospects and/or customers. Assist in partner Request for Proposal (RFP) responses as needed.
• Achieve assigned channel partner goals, and overall deal value. Provide up-to-date pipeline, marketing and forecasts to CVS leadership teams.
• 10+ years of business development experience, preferably in healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or other related industries
• Deep relationships with BioPharma and CRO executives
• Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and team-enhancing capabilities.
• Effective project management, relationship-building and negotiation skills.
• Experience with enterprise software, preferably cloud-based.
• Experience in regulated environments, and in managing and structuring alliances in healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or other related industries.
• Experience doing market and competitive research.
• Experience working in a distributed multi-company collaboration.
• Deal sheet with proven track record of strategic and revenue generating partnerships, demonstrating a track record of managing and closing transactions.
• Bachelor's degree in applied sciences, healthcare, or related field
Bachelor's degree required
Master's degree preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top