Enterprise Integration Architect
- Buffalo Grove, IL
The Advisor- Integration Architecture is a key contributor in Enterprise Products - Ecosystem: ESL, EIP, API Integration organization and organization is seeking a proven technical leader to join a high priority program that is focused on transforming CVS customer service experience. We are in our journey to turning technology transformation strategy into action in the form of solution and integration designs
Researches and proposes innovative technical integration strategies and solutions. Studies and documents architectural frameworks and reference material. Designs and modifies components of new and existing IT systems and vendor offerings to promote integrated corporate business systems. Designs, supports and deploys mechanisms to enhance, refine, and deliver the architecture vision. Performs related duties as assigned or requested, independently. Analyze current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
Provide research and development activities for architecture. Complete product positioning and assessments. Provide lab and vendor support. Provide guidance for enterprise-wide technology. Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
Develop & maintain common services, repositories & utility components for the enterprise. Develop & maintain enterprise-wide and domain blueprints and models for the architecture portfolio.
Provide data, application & technology deliverables on a program & project level basis including risk & opportunity assessment, modeling and design related products and services.
Manage the architecture governance activities associated with ensuring compliance within the Office of the CTO. Turning technology transformation strategy into action in the form of solution and integration designs
Effectively communicate the architecture to all levels of the organization
• This role is responsible for developing architectural blueprints/service patterns, assessing projects for the applicability of enterprise services, applying enterprise thinking to drive value beyond the current project and for delivering high quality estimates, design and project deliveries.
• Drive the Integration Architecture principles to ensure application/enterprise leverage the integration opportunities between various line of business.
• Adhere to enterprise architecture strategies, principals, standards, policies and procedures.
• Provide technical leadership in developing vision, strategy, architecture and overall design for assigned integration domains and guidance on API strategy.
• Collaborate with Project Managers and technical directors to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution plan, and serve as a lead as required.
• Review and ensure architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible, and cost effective.
• Provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring throughout the project lifecycle.
• Actively facilitate complex design and technical discussions, reconciling differing opinions and drives decision making process.
• Proactively identify reuse and refactoring opportunities.
• Articulate the tradeoffs, benefits and risks of all architecture and design solutions.
• Lead development of service solutions with an emphasis of IBM technology stack.
• Provide support for estimation of infrastructure needs for API and integrations solutions designed.
• Lead and guide junior staff in architecture delivery initiatives.
Minimum of 6 years recent and related experience as a technical lead developing middleware integration solution or Architect, architecting large scale federated systems.
2+ years of experience in enterprise, application and information architecture methodologies and design and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2+ years of experience with architectural abstractions and design patterns.
2+ years of experience with object-oriented modeling principles (inheritance, polymorphism) and methods (use cases, sequence diagrams, etc.).
2+ years of Experience with mobile platforms, web applications, middleware/services/APIs
2+ years of extensive experience designing complex integrations with a focus on performance engineering and loose coupling utilizing APIs and Services
2+ years of experience with any or all of the following: Agile/Scrum Development & Management, Scaled Agile Framework, Iterative & Incremental development approaches, Continuous Integration and delivery
2+ years of experience with design considerations for high volume transaction systems
1+ Years with APIC (IBM API Connect) or any API Management platform
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Strong leadership skills to effectively influence decisions and positively impact progress are required
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
3+ years of overall technical exposure on SOA, Middleware, Messaging, API and REST Based services
3+ years of experience in the role of a Solutions Technical Lead with demonstrated experience in applying architecture blueprints and aligning projects to enterprise standards.
3+ years application development experience with REST API/SOA/java/j2ee frameworks.
2+ year RSAD (IBM® Rational® Software Architect Designer)
2+ years of experience using IBM Middleware technologies
Ability to assess the impact of architecture changes on the business, application relationships and information flow
Functional - Information Technology/Application architecture/2-4 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Enterprise architecture/1-3 Years
Functional - Leadership/Lead significant enterprise-wide initiative/1+ Years
Experience with data architecture concepts and governance, including acting as a design authority for information and data within projects and programs is preferred
Knowledge of Portals/Intranet and mobile computing highly desirable
Experience with large-scale distributed systems using message queues, TPMs, or other related technologies in a mobile/portal environment.
Healthcare background or experience is preferred 3 years of experience with digital application design and development, and integrating enterprise business systems
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information
Systems (Masters Degree in Computer Science or
Information Systems preferred).
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top