• Architect, design and develop cloud scalable services in a containerized and CI/CD environment
• Work with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
• Implement Circuit Breakers and Service Discovery patterns for the Microservices and ensure that patterns are stringently followed for every integration inbound to/outbound from Microservices.
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
• Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
• Work with team to brainstorm and create new products
• Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
• Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of applications at scale
• Stay on the leading edge of development practices
• Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Provide technical guidance in software design activities.
• Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
• Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to provide high-quality products.
• Provide trainings and mentor other Engineers.
• Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and performing assigned tasks within deadlines.
• 10 plus years of software development in enterprise/ web / cloud applications
• 2+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies. Have track record developing in AWS or GCP or Azure or similar public cloud environments
• Be able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
• Influence and persuade - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Adapt to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Have architected, designed, delivered and operationalized scalable microservices-based web/ webservices applications in cloud native environments
• Understand security threats and patterns and ensure adherence to all regulatory initiatives, HIPAA, PHI, PII, locational and contractual data restrictions.
• Experience with Spring and Spring boot Microservices and other open source technologies/frameworks
• Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, CircleCI, Harness
• Expert knowledge with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies
• Experience with containers orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant
• Experience working with ATG/Oracle commerce
• Experience working large-scale databases using Oracle and other relational database technologies
• Experience building in large volume subscription platform
• Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with SAFE development methodologies.
• Individually motivated to be able to see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
• Exposure to service mesh platform, such as Istio, Consul, Kuma
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.