Delivery Driver - 1298899BR (PT)
- Lexington, KY
As a Delivery Driver for Omnicare Pharmacy, you will deliver prescription orders and/or products to customers on a predetermined route and schedule.
Schedule: Flexibility required Nights and Weekends
In this role you will:
• Provide timely and accurate delivery of medication, equipment, products and/or supplies to long term care facilities or patient’s homes
• Maintain safe operation of all delivery vehicles
• Load products/materials for delivery into delivery vehicle in a safe and orderly fashion
• Possess ability to log deliveries and return accompanying documents as appropriate.
• Confirm correct medication is in correct shipment packaging for the facility.
• Confirm final correct delivery route of medication to facility.
• Final delivery verification
• Responsible for vehicle maintenance, alert management for maintenance issues.
• Knowledge of clean and dirty equipment requirements and/or other equipment and product transportation regulations (if applicable).
• Courteous and professional, timely customer communication; reporting emergencies and problems.
• Deploy alternative delivery methods in emergency situations.
• Complies with the Company’s policy on the allowable uniform and dress code requirements.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• Professional, clean, and neat appearance
• Courteous customer service skills
• Ability to drive for long periods of time
• Possess geographical knowledge of service area, and able to read a map
• Expertise on use of mobile phones and applications
• Work with the pharmacy staff so that all deliveries leave the pharmacy on time and are delivered to the designated location as requested.
• Transport and deliver medication and other items to patients in a safe manner to prevent damage, spoilage and loss
• Maintain delivery log of activities per policy and procedure, which includes recipient information, report status and any problems to management
• Ensure patient confidentiality
• Maintain company vehicles by cleaning inside and out, fueling, and reporting mechanical issues to the pharmacy management
• Be able and willing to drive under winter and storm conditions
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to work with little direct supervision
• Navigate your route using basic internet applications and GPS functions per designated route sequence
Must be able to bend down, bend knees, lift and carry up 25lbs while walking upstairs
Must be able to be physically active for entire shift, as well as stand for intermittent periods of time
• Current, valid driver’s license in the state at the level required for the vehicle’s operation
• Minimum of one year driving experience
• Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends
• Add lifting and bending and weight amount
• Ability to work on-call
Previous experience as a delivery driver
High School Diploma, G.E.D.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country’s health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top