The Data Scientist role is responsible for analyzing large data sets and building the advanced analytical machine learning models, and optimization techniques to drive business solutions and grow CVS's front store retail business. Work with cross functional teams to provide analytical solutions for customer segmentation, email targeting, channel optimization, promotional offer optimization and recommendations, and building the personalization engine. Work with massive business and the data generated by CVS's unparalleled online and offline systems. Responsible to use cutting-edge machine learning, data mining, and optimization techniques to design and prototype robust and scalable predictive models. Be a part of a cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals that sit at the intersection of data science, IT infrastructure, and business. Key Responsibilities:
• Design and build machine learning models / algorithms to implement predictive & prescriptive analytical solutions in areas such as customer loyalty prediction, customer personalized engine recommendations, customer segmentation and profiling, e-mail targeting, retention analysis, churn assessment, and product recommendation
• Design and build personalization engines/learning systems that react to changes in customer preferences using advanced machine learning and statistical techniques
• Architect, develop, and maintain data analytics platforms that visualize data and drive business insights that can be translated into product strategies and marketing decisions
• Research and brainstorm with internal stakeholders to identify advanced analytics opportunities to advance automation, help with knowledge discovery, support decision-making, gain insights from data, streamline business processes, and enable new capabilities
• Perform hands-on data exploration and modeling work on massive data sets. Perform feature engineering, train the algorithms, back-test models, compare model performances and communicate the results
• Evaluate effectiveness of existing merchandising, marketing & promotional strategies and make recommendations for future optimization
• Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, extending and creating new machine learning and statistical methodologies, conducting experiments, and collaborating with cross functional teams
• Develop end-to-end efficient model solutions that drive measurable outcomes. Manage the model development lifecycle, including both working with data engineers and IT partners to identify what data are needed, and training the business end-users on how to leverage the modeling output.
2+ years of experience in solving complex business problems and delivering data science/machine learning/artificial intelligence solutions, as well as machine learning, python R or spark, stat techniques, decision trees, and clustering.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
A Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related field.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.