Data Science Analyst
- Hartford, CT
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Do things that matter. Diabetes, congestive heart failure, COPD, back pain, asthma, pulmonary_brosis, chronic kidney disease, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, cancer... everyone knows someone affected by these chronic conditions. Our goal is to decrease cost and improve health for members with chronic disease. We do this by using data science and advanced analytics (e.g., condition-specific predictive models and clinical data mining) to improve their care journeys and outcomes, and bend the business case to favor the right members getting the right interventions at the right time.
Mission aligned to improve health. With +9,900 stores, >1,100 minute clinics, 1,100 health hubs, and millions of American insured lives, more than 80% of Americans live within 5 miles of a CVS. Together CVS-Aetna is an unparalleled platform to make a significant impact in healthcare in the US and beyond. https://cvshealth.com/about/facts-and-company-information
We have actual big data. The combined data assets of CVS and Aetna are massive. Claims. Pharmacy. Health care records. Commercial store and transactional data. Challenge yourself to innovate in ways that others simply cannot.
An elite team. You'll be joining a team of MDs, PhDs, MBAs, and MSc from top tier universities and industries that bring their clinical, technical, and economic experience to bear on some of the toughest targets in healthcare - chronic disease.
Who are we looking for?
Our group's core competency is data science. However, we're looking for people with additional talent and experience in 3 key spheres:
Healthcare data wizards. These magical folks help translate clinical hypotheses into data and interventions. We're for data scientists with deep experience working with claims/healthcare data - particularly those that have an understanding of its implications, and its scientific and/or clinical value.
Client-service orientated chimeras. You must wear a lot of 'hats' to make a product work. You excel in translating business and stakeholder needs into data science direction, and vice versa. You have great interpersonal skills and an ability to reduce, and then present, complex business/data science concepts into digestible components. You care deeply about credible measurement and experimental design, and you are old hat at developing business cases and presenting to executive leadership.
Research and Development data scientists. You have deep experience architecting and evaluating cutting edge mechanistic and empirical models. They need to have deep experience coding and developing pipelines, in coordination with our other spheres and our data engineering colleagues.
- Participates in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools.
- Solves basic analytical problems
- Uses knowledge of basic big data concepts to contribute to existing analytics projects and initiatives
- Uses existing procedures and precedents to solve straightforward problems
- Familiarity with big data concepts
- Works with manager and members of a single team.
- Presents recommendations to manager of team
- With direction, performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve basic business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions
- Recommends additional sources of data for improvements
- Documents data gathering and processing and provides a detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
- 1+ year of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact
- 1+ year experience in SAS or SQL or other programming languages.
- 1+ year experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
- 1+ year experience programming using R, Hadoop, or Python
- Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Data engineering background highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top