Data Science - Advisor - EVG
- Woonsocket, RI
In this role you will serve as analytics liaison between business and technical teams to drive results and enhanced value though improved delivery of impactful analytic insights, improved data visualization and statistical analyses as part of an Enterprise-wide initiative.
The Advisor will work within a high-performing analytics team, using new technologies to develop and deliver solution-oriented products that drive innovation in our business.
The ideal candidate will have:
Business acumen and experience to generate customized, actionable insights in a data-driven and deadline-oriented environment
Strong computer science and quantitative skills to extract maximum value from CVS Health’s data assets
Hands-on business experience with statistical programming (SAS,R, Python) as well as advanced data science concepts (e.g., regression modeling, time-series forecasting, classification, data clustering, time series forecasting, advanced machine learning techniques).
A day in the life of this position involves:
- Collaborating with other highly skilled analytics colleagues within Retail Pharmacy Enterprise Analytics team to derive business insights from our data assets
- Rapidly developing a deep understanding of CVS data and processes across multiple lines of business as well as serving as SME and data steward for others in the application and use of our data
- Developing predictive models and machine learning algorithms to facilitate business growth and profitability
- Performing ad-hoc analyses by innovatively segmenting product and store level data to unlock insights
- Structuring and executing against analytic road-maps to meet both short- and long-term needs of our business stakeholders
- Diligently addressing obstacles as they appear
- Demonstrating your curiosity to learn about enterprise initiatives that include data and business intelligence solutions
- Supporting the development and maintenance of data
- 5+ years of experience delivering growth-oriented, quantitative solutions in retail or healthcare environments
- 3+ years post graduate paid work experience coding in statistical packages e.g., (SAS, R, and Python)
- 2+ years’ experience working with data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau and MicroStrategy)
- 2+ years knowledge from retail and/or healthcare industries
- 2+ years of experience building and facilitating presentations to various audiences: technical, non-technical and senior leaders
- 2+ years processing large datasets (measured in hundreds of millions or billions of records) using data mining programs such as SQL
- Strong quantitative skills, including relevant experience in logistic regression, cluster analysis, time series analysis, inferential statistics, and experimental design
- Leadership experience of large-scale analytics projects
- Demonstrated competencies such as teamwork, creative problem solving, and flexibility
- A strong curiosity to continuously learn data science techniques and tools
- Ability to work within a climate of ambiguity
- Strong personal organizational skills
- Excellent relationship management, strong team building, and the ability to work across business units within a complex organization
BA/BS in Mathematics/Statistics, Economics (or other quantitative disciplines); Master’s degree preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top