Data Engineer - Retail Analytics Senior Advisor
- Woonsocket, RI
The Senior Data Engineer - Retail Analytics role is responsible for collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities to leverage big data technologies in support of Pharmacy Personalization with a common set of tools and infrastructure to make analytics faster, more insightful, and more efficient. You will build and architect next-generation Big Data Machine Learning framework developed on a group of core Hadoop technologies. You will design highly saleable and extensible Big Data platforms which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels. You will define and maintain data architecture, focusing on applying technology to enable business solutions. You will assess and provide recommendations on business relevance, with appropriate timing and deployment. You will perform architecture design, data modeling, and implement CVS Big Data platforms and analytic applications. You will bring a DevOps mindset to enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies. You will develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions and implement complex big data projects. You will apply a creative mindset to a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and automating data feedback loops in support of business innovation.
• 5+ years of professional IT and Business Analytics experience including the following:
• 5+ years of Hands-on experience with “big data” platforms including Hadoop (preferably Hortonworks with Isilon commodity hardware) and Spark as well as experience with traditional RDBMS (e.g., Teradata, Oracle).
• 5+ years in “big data” technologies including MapReduce, Spark, Airflow, Kafka, Hbase, Pig, NoSQL databases, etc.
• 5+ years in the following programming languages: Python, shell scripting, SQL (preferably Teradata and PL/SQL syntax) and Hive, Pig, Java, or Scala
• Ability to design and build a framework to orchestrate data pipelines and Machine Learning models
• Familiarity with data modeling, data architecture and governance concepts
• Proficiency with tools to automate workflow and data pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, Control-M)
• Should be able to aggregate huge amount of data and information from large numbers of sources to discover patterns and features necessary to build machine learning models.
• Design and implement end-to-end solutions using Machine Learning, Optimization, and other advanced computer science technologies, and own live deployments.
• Expertise in specialized areas such as Optimization, NLP, Reinforcement Learning, Probabilistic Inference, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems.
• Experience with frameworks for either Machine Learning or NLP (Scikit-Learn, SpaCy, Pytorch, Spark NLP)
• Exposure to Healthcare Domain knowledge. Master's in Data Science or Business Analytics
• Experience with cloud computing environment (ideally Microsoft Azure) and the organizational risks of transitioning from on-prem to cloud infrastructure.
B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Astronomy/Physics, Economics, Math or related fields, MS/MBA preferred
CVS will sponsor for this position
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top