It is a great time to join the beauty retail division of CVS Health, as America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 8,000 stores and continuing to grow. We are seeking a talented, sales oriented Beauty Consultant who is passionate about the beauty retail industry and believes the client experience should be top notch. Our customers will experience your passion for beauty and sales skills as you share the latest beauty trends and techniques through your extensive industry knowledge.
As a Beauty Consultant you are excited about all things beauty! As the primary beauty advisor to our customer's, you will provide friendly, knowledgeable, sales service to every client who enters the beauty zone of the store and strive to build a personalized, robust basket for each customer.
Customer Sales Experience
• Seek out customers to ensure they have an amazing beauty advisor experience through personalized sales service based on customer needs, productive upselling and suggestive selling, as well as subsequent follow-up contact to build lasting relationships.
• Routinely provide product demonstrations with guests, utilizing provided application tools and testers.
• Engage in conversation with each customer as they enter the beauty zone; listen to and be sensitive of the information shared by the customer, be cognizant of their needs and provide specialized sales advice.
• Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought process. This means you are confident and comfortable using your verbal skills to generate sales.
• Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket possible.
• Using the facilities provided, explain in detail how various products are used, applied, etc. educating the customer of the proper usage and benefits leveraging the sampling program.
• Participate in and represent company sales programs or events that positively impact business. You are comfortable discussing CVS Beauty Club programs and inviting customers to special in store events or explaining current promotions to close the sale.
• Create and maintain product displays, end caps and other special promotional materials in support of key brand, corporate and local advertising efforts.
• Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned area well-stocked, well-merchandised and compliant with hygiene standards for a positive shopping experience.
• Ensure that all CVS tester sanitation, hazardous waste disposal and product demo tool cleansing policies are executed in a timely and compliant manner.
Training & Personal Growth and Development
• Complete initial 30/60/90 day onboarding training with continued training/educational programs to ensure sales, product knowledge and selling skills are current and that all work performed is in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
• Execute the established sales plan by meeting sales budget and tracking your own progress to success.
• Participate in sales training meetings and conference calls concerning programs and promotions, new items, brand launches, sales goals and exceptional customer care.
• Compete with yourself to beat prior sales goals and max out sales budget.
• Maintain a professional appearance in compliance with company guidelines at all times.
• Be plugged in, curious and excited about all of the latest beauty trends and techniques through various news outlets and social channels.
• Seek to further your own product knowledge and client service skills. As a retail beauty advisor, you are a CVS beauty sales enthusiast!
Why You'll Love Working Here!
• Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry through brand interaction, training and more
• Gratis. Everyone loves free samples! You will be overwhelmed with the amount of great product you get to take home and try out.
• Fun filled days at trade shows and brand training event. Brand partners and other colleagues will present and discuss new and upcoming products and provide trainings on various initiatives.
• You will be helping people on their path to better health. When people feel good about themselves that translates to the rest of their lives, and you will make an impact!
• Ability to meet or exceed sales, as well as customer service standards
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures
• Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and extended hours
• Ability to perform the tasks listed under job responsibilities
• Must be at least 18 years old.
Prior Beauty Sales Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.