Curalate is seeking a passionate, business-savvy and technically-minded Data Analyst to join our growing data team. Today, our software-as-a-service product empowers over 850 of the world’s most recognized and innovative brands to create intelligent visual content that is redefining the way millions of people discover the world around them.
At Curalate, discovery is at the core of what we do. It is in the DNA of our company and of this role in particular. As a Data Analyst, you will work with a multitude of data sources to help us identify product and business trends, analyze the performance of our systems, build attribution and churn models, develop forecasts and help us make truly data-driven decisions.
We will trust you to find, diagnose, and fix discrepancies in our data, suggest ways to enrich it with third-party solutions, contribute to and develop best practices for data analysis and visualization. We will lean on you to stay abreast of developments in business analytics and data science, including the latest trends in machine learning applications, data engineering, data governance, warehousing technologies, distributed computing and open source initiatives.
Harnessing your excellent communication skills, you will work with a number of internal and external clients to identify, formulate, prioritize and come up with data-driven solutions to business problems. Ultimately, you will help optimize our business operations, use rigorous analyses to uncover insights in our data and drive decisions that will impact the course of our business and fuel our phenomenal growth.
- Work with AWS Redshift, DynamoDB, MySQL and other data systems to extract, analyze, visualize and interpret data
- Perform rigorous analyses using SQL, Python and Spark
- Collaborate with our business partners from Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Product to formulate and test hypotheses
- Work in concert with other members of the data team to deliver peer-reviewed analyses in a timely manner
- Create dashboards and reports to help business partners explore data pertinent to their operations and help them identify opportunities for optimization, improvement and growth
- Define, implement, document, and audit key performance indicators
- Supervise and enforce processes for submitting, triaging and fulfilling all data-related requests
- Establish and educate team members about best practices for data collection and analysis
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- You have 2+ years of experience in a Data Analyst or a similar role
- You have proven experience and ability to develop complex SQL queries
- You have experience analyzing and visualizing data in Python using pandas, numpy, scipy
- You have extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have ability to turn basic ideas and algorithms into code and quickly learn a new programming/scripting language (full-blown production software engineering skills are NOT required)
- You have basic understanding of non-relational / NoSQL databases and distributed systems
- You have exposure to big (e.g., terabyte-scale and up) datasets
- You have the ability to tackle big, sometimes poorly defined problems
- You’re a self-starter, willing to hit the ground running with minimal marching orders
- You’re excited about learning new things every day
- AWS Redshift
- Google BigQuery
- Salesforce, particularly Salesforce API
- Data engineering
- scikit-learn, TensorFlow, MLlib
Curalate enables brands to take the visual content that surrounds them and use it to improve the discovery of products, services, and information in any place that people engage with brands. Curalate currently works with hundreds of the world’s leading brands and powers visual discovery for millions of consumers, daily.
Much like the brands we work with, our people are nothing short of inspiring – and we are looking to grow our team. If you are scrappy, creative, curious, and fun, then we think Curalate could be an ideal place for you.
No recruiters, please.
Back to top