We are looking for passionate, world class talent to build and deliver the ultimate customer experience for our customers. The Mattress Buyer is responsible for selection of merchandise for sale, negotiating terms of business, negotiating marketing funds and rebates, training programs in stores, planning promotional activity, driving top line sales revenue, achieving margin, in-stock, and inventory targets, product development and the overall success of the Mattress program.
- Merchandise Management – select and develop merchandise for sale to fit Curacao mattress strategy and matrix. Manage margins and pricing to be the most competitive mattress retailer in the market while delivering at or above category margin targets
- Inventory Management – develop network of mattress partners to achieve company in stock and inventory turn goals. Troubleshoot production issues, vendor shutdowns, and assist in planning of demand changes due to promotional activity.
- Product Development – develop items for sale that complement our existing lineup from the current network of mattress suppliers
- Planning Promotional Activity – plan promotions to drive top line sales revenue for the mattress category, must have a variety of promotions running above nationally supported campaigns with a focus on incremental improvement on top of prior month/year(s) sales.
- Negotiation – Must have strong negotiation skills and maintain good rapport with mattress suppliers, including negotiating terms of business, negotiating marketing funds and rebates.
- Competitive Shopping – Consistently follows (must stay on top of) changes in competition and develop prompt reactive marketing responses to maintain market leadership. Must shop and be in competitor’s stores examining competitors shopping experience on a routine basis for comparison to our customer experience. Use competitor shopping experience to enhance our customer experience to increase sales and market share.
- Sales Support – Must support sales department with product training initiatives, must spend time in our stores to support the sales department and store managers to enhance their product knowledge and the sales experience. Facilitate the establishment of business relationships with manufacturer resources and corporate training department to maximize training experience and knowledge.
- Education – College degree required
- Work Experience – Prior buying experience is required, specific to mattress industry is preferred. Must have desire to work in a collaborative, cross functional, fast pace, goal oriented environment where creativity in getting things done is valued. Must have strong negotiation skills and a record of success in negotiations
- Ability to converse in Spanish strongly preferred
Curacao is a top 50 retailer in the U.S. proudly serving the Hispanic and Latino community for over 38 years with a wide selection of products and low monthly payments. With our 12 superstores in Southern California, Arizona and Nevada, we have served millions of our customers with world class service, easy financing and access to the best selection of premium brands in electronics, appliances, furniture, fashion and cosmetics, and much more. Beyond a store, Curacao offers services that fit your lifestyle, including international money transfer, delivery to Mexico and Central America, and a complete travel agency. Everything you need in one place!
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND/OR RESUME ALONG WITH PAY HISTORY TO [email protected]
Back to top