Loss Prevention Door Guard
Curacao is the most exciting Department Store format, Consumer Electronics Retail business in the Southwestern United States! Our 100,000 + square foot retail stores offer a huge selection of the latest consumer electronic products. Curacao ranks among the top 100 Electronics and Appliance Retailers in the U.S., larger than many nationwide companies whose stores number in the thousands. This feat is made possible by Curacao’s unique relationship to its customers. Curacao gains momentum with each passing year and plans to enter markets in many new cities over the next decade. The key to our continuing success, however, is the caliber of our associates and the outstanding service which we provide.
Loss Prevention Door Guard
This position is responsible for the security and prevention of theft at all entrances at assigned stores; has responsibility for the execution and enforcement of all company policies at assigned store; uses various types of equipment and LP techniques: enforces, secures, helps customers or associates with basic store questions; physically stands at designated entrances to enforce company policies and to provide courteous customer service, as necessary; makes and prepares detailed reports on suspicious activities involving internal or external loss risks to management.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Door Guard position is expected to enforce company policies and ensure the safety of customer/associates
- Verify customer and employee receipts at the door exits.
- Identify any suspicious activity ~ internal or external to the store operations.
- Check all employee bags and all customer purchases exiting the store.
- Enforce all safety policies and procedures.
- Provide customer service with a smile at all times.
- Conducts daily inventory audits and spot checks.
- Conduct ad hoc inventory audits as necessary
- Assumes a high degree of accountability for delivering the highest quality of customer/security Loss Prevention services possible.
- Prepares necessary reports and documentation for management of policy violations for corrective action through LP management.
- Operates and maintains in a state of readiness all equipment assigned.
- Performs duties as local store “first responder”.
- Assists in incident investigations involving associates and customers by acquiring appropriate documentation to defend against or support claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- This job description reflects the general guidelines considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be constructed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this position.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be Bilingual English and Spanish – oral and written.
- May require ability to lift heavy objects and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to walk, stand, stoop, crawl, kneel, climb, and push/pull objects.
- Must be able to visually describe persons, vehicles, location or describe physical evidence by sketching, report writing and providing courtroom testimony when/if necessary.
- Be able to effectively and accurately document enforcement or violations of policies in handwriting or computer-generated reports
- Excellent attitude
- Ability to speak to public.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Assertive, dynamic and enthusiastic.
- Open to learn and to accept changes in a fast retail paced atmosphere
- This position requires a perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image. Incumbent must have understanding of the company’s policies and procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED
- Entry level, No experience necessary
- English and Spanish – oral and written
- Basic computer skills- AR, Excel, Word
Certificates and Licenses
- Math Skills that allow the candidate to be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, fractions, percentages and decimals
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Back to top