Assistant Store Manager - Electronics Category
The Assistant Store Manager-Electronics will ensure compliance and functionality of the Company’s philosophy. Will achieve all goals and ensure execution of all company programs, policies and directives. Use leadership skills to motivate employees to provide world-class customer service and drive business results. Maintain a respectful, positive attitude and professional image at all times. Maintain pristine store presentation standards and visibility on the floor at all times to manage the business and to be available for customers and associates.
- Deliver world-class customer service.
- Deliver a great experience by understanding customer needs and recommending products and services to fit needs.
- Fully responsible for Electronics and assigned categories: TVs, Audio, Car Stereo, DJs, and Electronic Games. Ensure sales, service, merchandising, and operational standards are met through company-defined practices and processes.
- Share responsibility with General Store Manager and Assistant Store Managers to achieve business objectives.
- Manage and measure progress and results against key targets. Analyze reports each day and make necessary adjustments to achieve business objectives; analyze financial statements for top-line sales growth and bottom-line profitability.
- Share responsibility with other store leadership to motivate and recognize associate performance as well as the development of potential candidates for growth.
- Manage job performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates; planning, monitoring, and evaluating job performance. Provide on the spot coaching to correct negative behaviors with the highest sense of urgency.
- Market merchandise by understanding advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; ensure that all visual displays are clean, presentable, in a good working order to drive store sales.
- Share responsibility for ensuring that associates are properly trained and understand Curacao policies and procedures, product knowledge, and sales techniques.
- Communicate any business opportunities, such as stock positions, staffing, merchandising and assortment to General Store Manager and category product manager (as needed).
- Comply with inventory management policies and procedures including but not limited to procedural price strategies and audit compliance. Ensures pricing and promotion accuracy.
- Assist with Physical Inventory prep, accuracy and delivery of expected shrink results.
- Assist with Store Safety Committee. Develops culture of safety awareness with zero injury expectations.
- Educate team on up-to-date product knowledge, including current stock, trends, and new products.
- Train associates how to offer accessories, protection plans and product insurance by understanding customer needs.
- Instruct team on best practices to resolve customer concerns while preserving customer satisfaction and delivering world-class customer service.
- Responsible for self-development by taking action to improve skill set, build self-awareness and develop potential
- Performs Manager-on-Duty tasks to support day-to-day coverage.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Excellent ability to communicate, both written and verbally in English and Spanish (bilingual).
- Ability to read and understand instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Effective leadership, coaching, and training, customer service, communication, conflict resolution.
- Must be able to provide feedback, develop others, embrace and lead change, and make decisions under ambiguity.
- Understands and executes merchandising techniques, strategic planning, sales generation and time management.
- Must have the ability to properly delegate and follow up on all directives to meet business objectives. Participative management style. Involved with the business. Offers ideas and opinions to improve results.
- Ability to motivate and build morale.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- AA Degree
- At least four years experience as a salesperson in a similar business (retail).
- Bilingual English and Spanish–read, write and speak – 100%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ethics and Values
Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; act in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
Drive for Results
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zero in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; crates focus.
Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Meet Some of Curacao's Employees
Product Manager, Major Appliances
Bernardo keeps store inventory at optimal levels. With respect to his role, the adage “Un panadero sin pan no vende”—a baker without bread does not sell—is appropriate.
Back to top