Thermal and Fluid Sciences Entry Level Full-Time Positions
- Columbus, IN
Title: Thermal and Fluid Sciences Engineering Entry Level Full Time Positions
Please Note: Your application will be considered for all of our open college positions in our US locations.
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Thermal and Fluid Sciences Engineer
This applied science position utilizes the core competencies of thermal and fluid sciences, using and advancing analytical and experimental approaches to answer key questions about the performance and architecture of a system or component. This drives decisions and creates technical content which ultimately leads to state of the art, highly effective, environmentally friendly, and competitive products.
- Investigates product, system, and/or technology problems that are related to thermal and fluid sciences, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as Pre Program Planning, (PPP), Product Preceding Technology, (PPT), Value Package Introduction (VPI), or Value Package Change, (VPC), Engineering Standard Work, (ESW), Functional Excellence Practice (FEP) and tools related to thermal and fluid sciences such as GT-Suite, Boost, Fluent, Converge, Concerto, CyberApps (virtual application model), Cummins Data Analysis Tool (CDAT), Mach, test data calculation, DARTS, test data storage, Calterm, Electronic Control Module (ECM) calibration tool, Emissions data system, Integrity, and ACCEPTS ECM in-loop test bench required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Obtains input and negotiates with immediate stakeholders, such as team members, technical managers, project leaders, other Thermal Sciences engineers, product and manufacturing engineers, and supplier partners and delivers information and recommendations to support project decisions, or to provide input related to further analysis, design optimization, feasibility studies, or architecture definition.
- Makes decisions in the areas of day to day project details, such as conducting analysis, testing, and communication with stakeholders that impact and support the successful progression of projects.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer level and with greater accountability to the project team.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
- Involves minimal direct management of people, but could involve the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or temporary student employees.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
Degree Programs Considered: Bachelor's, Master's
Major Programs Typically Considered: All Engineering Majors
Cummins Full Time Requirements:
- College, university or equivalent technical experience required
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Must be able to complete 40 hours per week
- 0-2 years in a position/internship relating to your field of study preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Back to top