Technician - Electrical Field-Service
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Cummins, PNG are hiring!
We are seeking a Field services Electrician to work from our Port Moresby branch, servicing our customers in the local areas. This key role will mainly be field based and will require you to work with customers in the area to carryout routine maintenance and equipment repair tasks as directed. You will Investigate, research, troubleshoot and recommend solutions for operational and maintenance problems and manage repairs as necessary. Ensuring the safety of yourself and others at all times by following Site HSE Management system policies and procedures.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive hourly rate + OT + tool allowance + laptop
• Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program - so as we thrive, so will you!
• Housing allowance
• Annual remuneration reviews
• Safety equipment / uniforms provided
- Working on generators sets & engine control panels - trouble shooting diagnostics on engines up to 3750KVA
- Switchboard testing and maintenance & Isolating equipment for power outages
- Commissioning of new gen gets/systems, transfer switches & master controllers
- Working with 3 phase transformers
- Circuit breaker maintenance and testing
- Maintaining and repairing switch gear, insulation & battery systems
- Lead maintenance activities for assigned plant outages by agreeing scope and priority and manage plant availability
- Ensure all maintenance data is recorded and available for analysis, writing reports and other correspondence
- Electrical Trade Certificate issued by National Apprenticeship & Trade Testing Board of PNG, Department of Labour
- Current Electrical License from PNG Power Limited, PNG Government Authorized Electrical Certifier ( which is compliant to Australia/New Zealand Standards)
- Understanding of HV systems and operations
- Understanding of Cummins PLC systems & relay logic - desirable
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings and procedures
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Proven ability to perform detailed fault finding on complex power generation systems
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and a high level of accuracy to enable resolution of administrative, operational or maintenance issues
Cummins Inc., a global technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business segments that designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad portfolio of power solutions. The company's products range from diesel and natural gas engines to hybrid and electric platforms, as well as related technologies, including transmissions, battery systems, fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana (U.S.), since its founding in 1919, Cummins employs approximately 62,600 people in approximately 190 countries and territories. See how Cummins is powering a world that's Always On by accessing news releases and more information at https://www.cummins.com/always-on . Follow Cummins on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cummins and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/cumminsinc .
How to apply:
Your opportunity to set yourself for success starts right here! Submit your application today! For more information email Vikki.firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top