Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Production Supervisor to join our team specializing in Cummins Power Systems for our Power systems Business Segment in Seymour, IN.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Supervises the daily activities of a production unit or teams.
- Responsible for the daily activities of a production team including managing team members, housekeeping, and meeting production targets.
- Works cross functionally to recommend and engage in improving safety, productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Serves as group lead on projects and work assignments.
- Provides guidance and feedback for team members in accomplishing tasks and goals; sets expectations and clarifies responsibilities.
- Coaches and mentors team members.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Ability to be action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Successfully builds effective teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Collaboration skills - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Concise communication - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Confident decision maker, problem solving skills & ability to deal with complex problems.
- Activates engagement- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- College degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Solid and stable work history.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.