We are seeking a talented Senior Payroll Processing Analyst. This role is based in Nashville, TN with 100% remote work available and periodic travel post pandemic.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Administer payroll by translating company policies, tax and legislative requirements in the delivery of accurate and timely employee payments and reporting. Analyze payroll results to answer complex questions using case management tools within a high-volume HR shared services organization.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and internal control procedures to validate payroll results. Ensure process documentation is updated as new or changed processes are established
- Process payroll weekly, bi-weekly or semi-monthly on cycle and off cycle, as assigned. Prepare and simulate off-cycle payment requests to help ensure employees are paid on time
- Execute simulation payrolls for pre-process validation of certain master data changes in ADP Globalview/SAP system. Work with the business analyst to ensure thorough testing is performed for new configuration.
- Investigate and resolve employee inquiries using email and case management system
- Handle high volume of work in a deadline driven environment.
- Work with ancillary payroll processes like coordination of pay for leave of absence, garnishments, unions and certified payrolls.
- Demonstrate Cummins Values of Integrity, Diversity & Inclusion, Caring, Excellence and Teamwork.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3 years' experience processing payroll using in-house payroll system ADP GlobalView or SAP required.
- Demonstrates proficiency of more complex payroll processes that include prevailing wage payments and creation and filing of certified payroll reports, garnishments, gross up/down calculations, expatriate payroll and coordination of disability and 3rd party sick pay
- Must have worked in SAP/ADP Globalview from a payroll processing perspective. Intermediate excel skills including v-lookup and pivot table knowledge used with pre and post payroll process validation
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Base salary range: 60k-65k
Please note that the salary range provided is a good faith estimate on the applicable range. The final salary offer will be determined after taking into account relevant factors, including a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-Verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.