Senior Customer Engineering - Technical Specialist
- Troy, NY
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Customer Engineering - Technical Specialist to join our team specializing in Corporate Strategy for our Component Business Segment in Malta, NY.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• This dual customer/product focused position serves as the senior technical liaison between OEMs and represents our customers during new product development programs. Applying Cummins' products to customer vehicles requires the development of technical specifications, implementing new design configurations, and delivering high performance, low-cost equipment and system solutions integrated with customers' products in a variety of applications. Integrating high quality and optimized customer solutions requires the interaction with sales and marketing teams.
• Obtains input and negotiates with Subject Matter Experts and Value Package Introduction (VPI) Teams and delivers product data and installation requirements to Application Engineers and OEMs. Makes decisions in the areas of product selection, design, and integration that impact OEM machine performance, optimization and quality
• Applies and improves processes such as Installation Quality Assurance, OEM integration and product selection and tools such as Advisor, Cummins OnLine Specifications (COLS) and Global Customer Engineering (GCE) required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
• Develops strong working relationships with customer technical counterparts to serve as their primary liaison to deliver specialized product technical information, manage product specifications, communicate product change information, conduct complex installation issue resolutions and facilitate customer requests
• Utilizes Analysis Led Design (ALD) and Six Sigma tools to optimize product and system performance. Proposes innovative customer-focused initiatives and projects
• Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience (4 plus years) in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making. Knowledge of MS Office tools are preferred.
• Candidate is expected to have hands-on experiences in power systems, and power generation. Will serve as bridge between the technical team, marketing team and the customers.
• Should feel very comfortable working across functions and company boundaries.
• Will work in Fuel Cell area and it's key subsystems and components & system
• Work well with a cross-functional team in a dynamic environment and work independently with minimal coaching.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
Back to top