Senior Application Analyst
- Columbus, IN
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Senior Application Analyst to join our team specializing in Cummins Information technology for our Component Business Segment in Columbus, IN.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Provides comprehensive application functionality, configuration and support expertise for application software solutions; works with business analysts, architects, technical experts and software vendors on the solution requirements, design, configuration, functionality gap resolution, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the applications.
• Analyzes and evaluates application functionality and provides recommendations to increase utilization of standard application functionality to improve business processes and capabilities
• Determines and documents optimum application setup and configuration to meet functional requirements and specifications; configures and verifies application setup and configuration
• Develops expertise in emerging application and solution trends and functionality; provides functional recommendations for assigned applications and systems.
• Conducts analysis of potential application solutions, identifies and recommends solutions to address functionality gaps in the application.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with relevant vendors; works with vendors to improve application functionality and resolve functionality issues
• Partners with process owners, business analysts, systems analysts and architects to gather, document and review functional, architecture and technical requirements and define application functional designs.
• Serves as subject matter expert and point of contact on content, processes, procedures and functionality associated with assigned applications for projects and application support (as needed).
• Creates and manages functional specifications for a given project from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the program, application, or complete solution.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required. 4-5 years of experience.
• Agile training required; Agile certification/experience strongly preferred
• Technical Engineering & IT Architecture knowledge experience preferred
• Develop solution designs and implement them in our IT environment (on-prem & cloud- primarily Azure & AWS).
• Responsible for working with Agile Product Managers and other stakeholders to define Stories and prioritize the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities, while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
Back to top