Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and build the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment. Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our coordinated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Memphis, Tennessee for a Reverse Logistics Core Account Representative. In this role you will be responsible for being a team player and efficiently managing your daily activities in a timely manner to allot time to reconcile financial records as they pertain to warranty, finished good and core return transactions. You should be able to generate and interpret reports via SQL or OBIEE and effectively utilize the results to assist our North American Cummins Distributors, 3PL, and internal departments in making critical decisions. As our customers are our most valuable asset, we strive to deliver excellent support and service on a daily basis via phone, fax, web-ex and email and expect superb communication skills and accountability in all facets of our interactions.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Understand the financial implications of ReCon finished goods sales and core return transactions from our customers OEMs and RLCC perspective and make sound decisions based on these impacts
- Timely and accurate update of core related transactions in GOMS as needed
- Monitor and research anticipated core returns from assigned distributors
- Resolve non-conforming core returns with assigned distributors as required
- Work daily with customer contacts and Spinnaker personnel to identify and resolve core return discrepancies
- Monthly reconciliation of outstanding core returns with assigned distributors
- Prepare and balance assigned North American core month end reports
- Quarterly audits of distributor core returns packaging and accuracy
- Manage EPR warranty core credit research and issuance to North American distributors
- Proactively provide customer updates and measures to drive continuous improvement
- Provide analytical support to customers in determining core investment needs
- Serve as communication liaison between the distributors, 3 rd party logistics provider and other departments within Cummins
- Other tasks related to core account management as needed
-Provide support to customers, including end-users, distributors, and/or dealers, seeking information through various mediums, with a primary focus on online inquiries.
-Document customer inquiry information within appropriate Cummins systems.
-Provide prompt assistance to customers through various media.
-Resolve customer issues through an understanding of Cummins processes, systems, and practices.
-Escalate complex issues providing documentation through process.
-Provides feedback to support improvement projects intended to improve customer experiences and organizational goals.
-Provides suggestions on how the existing processes can be made more customer centric or efficient.
-Understands existing and new Cummins processes, systems, and practices.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
Minimal or no work experience required.
Cummins and E-Verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity, and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly.cummins .