Product Planning Manager - ECJV China 伊顿康明斯产品规划经理
- Beijing, China
- Responsible for supporting specific marketing strategic and planning initiatives and tactics within a region, market, customer, or product segment.
- Supports development of product plans for new product lines within respective range of products.
- Utilizes macro, market, or technology trends, as inputs into product plans.
- Collaborates with Market Segment teams and Account Managers utilizing Human-centered Design (HCD) principles to understand requirements and develop customer-led product plans.
- Determines the strengths and weaknesses of the current product by evaluating market effectiveness (including customers and competitors).
- Provides input to product road map in support of a specific market segment.
- Supports Synchronized Business Planning (SBP) Product Review process as the owner of specific projects within the Master Project List (MPL).
- Develops business case and leads Pre-program Planning (PPP) for specific smaller-scale opportunities within the portfolio.
- Develops value proposition for new products and articulates appropriate position within the portfolio.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Participates in Product Planning Functional Excellence and best practice sharing within the business.
- Supports cross-functional and cross-business unit alignment to the product plan.
- Global perspective - Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Strategic mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Data Analytics - Interprets information relying on knowledge of business or functional frameworks, and leverages analytical problem-solving tools to draw conclusions and communicate meaningful patterns that drive business insights; assesses quality of data as an initial step of the analysis.
- Articulating Value Proposition - Interprets internal and external customer needs based on relevant application; explains and demonstrates products, solutions, and services to distinguish strengths and weaknesses to meet customer's specific needs to differentiate against competition.
- Deriving Market Insights - Researches and collects market and competitor's product data, trends, and positioning using a variety of primary and secondary sources; analyzes the information to develop strategic responses, propose projects and solutions, and appropriately allocate resources in order to maximize business value.
- Deriving Product Needs - Distinguishes desirable market attributes by studying market insights and translating these into relevant product capabilities
- Product Tradeoff Evaluation - Compares and contrasts the interplay of potential product features, regulatory and customer requirements, budget, and technical capabilities to evaluate and decide what can be offered to win in the market.
- Market Analysis - Researches information using meaningful and valid sources and data to expand your knowledge of markets; analyzes findings by connecting dots and identifying trends to create a coherent image of the market; summarizes relevant insights by condensing, prioritizing, and translating how these impact our business.
- Scenario Planning - Create alternate scenarios each including an assessment of variances to business or financial goals, strategy, vision, and capabilities to enable strategic decision making.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in sales, marketing, technical or a related subject required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
- Need candidate to bring deep understanding of commercial vehicle market
- Preferred to have transmission product knowledge
- Need Good English and Professional presentation skills
Back to top