Power Generation Technician – Technician Apprentice Program (TAP) - Henderson, CO
- Broomfield, CO
If you want to earn while you learn, develop your career with the industry leader of innovative engine technology and be empowered to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Powering Your Potential: We Provide the Tools To Take Your Ideas To the Next Level
Our Sales and Service business supports our customers in the Trucking, Delivery, Farming, Construction, Power Generation, Mining, Oil & Gas, Marine and Public Transportation industries. Working with industry leading engine technology (2.8 - 95 liters) and cloud-based diagnostic tools, you'll learn to deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
Join our Cummins Technician Apprentice Program! This is how to start your career the right way and grow your options as you learn about our technology, our business and our customers. This is a government-registered apprentice program with both on-the-job training to embed skills from real world context and a formal education based in a classroom setting focusing on the following:
- Fundamentals of Engines
- Diesel Engine Maintenance and Overhaul
- Power Generation Preventive Maintenance
- NFPA-70E Safety
- Automatic Transfer Switch
- Alternator Maintenance and Testing
- System Controls and Switchgear
During your apprenticeship, you are a full-time, paid employee who will complete a development program with the support of our coaching technicians and managers. Our agreement with you ensures you receive the following upon successful completion:
Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree, Automotive & Diesel Technology
- No college debt - Cummins pays for your education
- U.S. Department of Labor Trade Certificates for Diesel Engines
- Course credits that are transferable towards a bachelor's degree
The success factors for this apprenticeship - and your career as a Service Technician are simple. If these traits sound familiar, we're ready to help you develop them fully and expand your career choices.
- Strong personal values
- A problem solver - curious about how it works
- Passionate about working with your hands
- Embraces new engine technology for power, fuel economy and diagnostics
- Cares about co-workers, customer service and communications
- Inclusive of diverse perspectives
- Desires to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
- Applicants must meet minimum community college general education course requirement of 2.8 GPA high school (unweighted)
- Or,22 ACT score.
- Or, GED with one year of college including Math and English with minimum 2.8 GPA
- Ability to properly and safely use and maintain common hand tools and electrical testing equipment.
- Familiar with Windows and Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook (email)
- Please note that pursuant to the FMCSA regulations, applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Visit careers.cummins.com for more details: http://careers.cummins.com/us-canada/hourly-jobs/apprentice-programs
Back to top