Hydrogen Generation Technical Advisor 制氢技术顾问
- Wuhan, China
• This product focused, developing leadership position applies highly specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices to lead the creation of optimized system-level design concepts and mechanical design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, reliability, durability, manufacturing, assembly, and serviceability with little supervision required. This role effectively communicates the capability of a system-level design concept to meet a vast set of requirements including a holistic assessment of alternative and competitive design concepts, and leads the development of system-level requirements by working effectively with other engineering and cross-functional disciplines, including those to resolve current product deficiencies.
• Obtains input and leads the negotiation with cross-functional and cross-discipline technical experts and senior-level designers to communicate complex subsystem and system-level design intent through a thorough Design Review package to the Product Preceding Technology, (PPT) or Value Package Introduction (VPI) team requiring a such holistic assessment of various design concepts.
• Leads the design decision making in the areas of complex subsystem and system-level design concept selection, concept optimization, and design specifications that impact customers targeted to be served by a given Product Preceding Technology, (PPT) or Value Package Introduction (VPI) initiative.
• Applies and leads the execution of processes such as Critical Design Decisions, System Design and Validation Consideration Checklist, Design Review and tools such as iDFMEA, DVA, GD&T, CREO, ANSYS Workbench required to enable high quality subsystem and system-level design decision making and design refinement.
• Provides problem resolution leadership for complex systems with a high degree of ambiguity and often global business impact.
• Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across function(s) within a global business unit or managing improvement across business units.
• Coordinates and directs work of technical project teams, up to and including direct management of small to mid-sized teams.
• Operates as the recognized multi-competency specialist or expert in a discipline or product area across a site or global business unit with responsibility for developing local talent (direct or indirect).
• Coaches and mentors other engineers, project managers and cross-functional team members.
May also include academic or industry collaboration in a competency or discipline area.
• Cross-Functional Design Integration - Translates the value package requirements that include the voices of many stakeholders into virtual designs, and communicates the capability of the design through an approved cross-functional design review.
• Mechanical Design of Mechanical Systems - Acquires and applies an in-depth understanding of mechanical systems through working knowledge that guides a designer's ability to create innovative and sound design concepts to meet Cummins and customer expectations; designs for requirements of all lifecycle stages by considering the customer requirements in different operating environments to ensure a robust system.
• Mechanical Design Modeling and Analysis - Creates Computer Aided Design models in accordance with Cummins' standards to represent architectural or product level system design concepts, and to enable completion of various system-level computer analyses such as Dimensional Variation Analysis and Finite Element Analysis.
• System Requirements Engineering - Uses appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for the system of interest through analysis, allocation and negotiation; tracks the status of requirements throughout the system lifecycle; assesses the impact of changes to system requirements on project scope, schedule, and resources; creates and maintains information linkages to related artifacts.
• Product Platform Planning and Architecting - Creates and develops a holistic product platform including key architectural feature and function variants needed to align with market level product plans of future target markets; generates alternative architectures traceable to the requirements and performs trade-off analysis in collaboration with life-cycle stakeholders to ensure a balanced and optimum platform; communicates and maintains traceable information and plans executed by product development teams.
• Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Cultivates innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
• Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Prior Technical Specialist/Specialist Engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving, quality decision making and providing technical direction and leadership to a project team(s). Knowledge of MS Office and CREO tools is preferred
• To deeply understand the PEM electrolyzer technologies, system architecture as well as process safety
• To locally out-source the BOP of PEM electrolyzer plant for lower cost target
• To guide the local assembly of PEM electrolyzer
• To collect and understand the local market trend or status, customer's voices as well as the main competitor's product data
• To work together with H2 generation business department for acquiring the local projects by offering the solid technical support
• To bridge oversea team with local customer technically and manage the local customer's technical requirements
• To ensure the process safety within the projects
• Responsibility of PEM electrolyzer performance analysis/evaluation, and customer's acceptance in technical side
Back to top