Heavy Diesel Mechanical Apprenticeship / Apprentice Mechanic - Rotorua
- Rotorua, New Zealand
- Undertake a New Zealand Certificate in Heavy Automotive Engineering with strand in Road Transport, Level 3 & 4
- Outstanding opportunity to become a fully qualified Cummins Heavy Diesel Mechanic
- Gain practical experience with a global leader in engine technology
Bring your enthusiasm and determination to a Mechanic role that will grow your career!
Working under the supervision of a qualified Cummins Technician, you will learn everything that comes with the diagnosis and repair of Cummins engines and products.
Cummins are dedicated to diversifying our workforce and encourage Indigenous New Zealanders, women and individuals with a disability to apply for our apprenticeship programs. Mature age applicants are also encouraged to apply.
What's in it for you?
- Earn while you learn
- Obtain a nationally recognized qualification
- Complete formal MITO/Registered Training Organisation study
- Receive on the job training and exposure to Cummins engines and heavy vehicles
- Product specific training with our very own Cummins Technical Trainers
Cummins are looking for applicants with the following attributes:
- A positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- The ability to work well in a team
- Completed or currently enrolled in Year 13 preferable or
- Completion or near completion of a pre-apprenticeship or relevant vocational training
- Good level of language, literacy and numeracy skills
- Part or full-time work experience in any field of work would be desirable
- Right to work in New Zealand
Cummins Inc., a global technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business segments that designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad portfolio of power solutions. The company's products range from diesel and natural gas engines to hybrid and electric platforms, as well as related technologies, including transmissions, battery systems, fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana (U.S.), since its founding in 1919, Cummins employs approximately 62,600 people in approximately 190 countries and territories. See how Cummins is powering a world that's Always On by accessing news releases and more information at https://www.cummins.com/always-on. Follow Cummins on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cummins and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/cumminsinc.
How to apply
Click the "Apply Now" button to submit your resume. Shortlisted candidates will go through a multistep selection process.
All Apprenticeships will have a commencement date of 1st of February 2021.
For more information or a personal discussion regarding this opportunity please e-mail the Cummins Recruitment Team at email@example.com. For all applications please click on the link provided.
Back to top