We are looking for a talented Metal Plate Technology Lead to join our team specializing in hydrogen fuel cell power systems technology for our # NewPower Business Unit in Mississauga, Ontario.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Responsible for managing the design of the next generation fuel cell metal plate stack and its components and R&D project execution.
- Analyze technical function requirements and translate into development plan, budget, resource planning, detailed tasks, milestones and deliverables.
- Prepare funding proposal, work with funding agencies, monitor and report project progress.
- Oversee product development of the fuel cell stack using phase-gate process.
- Interface closely with a team of research scientists, engineers, designers, and technicians.
- Analyze technical function requirements of stack and system and translate those requirements into a plate design and development plan. Work closely with Plate Design Engineer for flowfield design release.
- Responsible for design calculation of fluid thermodynamic properties include flow rate, temperature and pressure, species composition.
- Work with modeling group and review CFD and FEA result
- Communicate with external vendors and customers.
- Apply for new funding and collaborative R&D projects with universities, institutions and national labratories
- Manage government sponsored projects
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- University Degree or above in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Proven experience of product development and project management in a rigorous and detail-oriented environment in electrochemical engineering, manufacturing, industrial engineering, or automotive industries
- Experience in product design, prototyping, validation, or industrial research and development.
- Experience in electrochemical engineering products and fundamentals (fuel cells, water electrolyzers, flow batteries, chlor-alkali membrane electrolyzer) is considered as an asset.
- Fluency with MS Project or other project managing tools.
- Knowledge of design and modeling software (Siemens Solid Edge, NX, ANSYS, Python, etc)
- Experience in electrochemical engineering products and fundamentals is considered as an asset.
- Solid understanding of fluid thermodynamics, heat transfer, process control
At Cummins, we are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and we strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.