FSP - Cummins HVAC Support Specialist - 3rd Shift
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place, and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented HVAC Technician to join our team for our location in Columbus, IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Services, supports and maintains HVAC equipment within the determined location.
- Maintains safe work habits and actions in all aspects of the daily task; evaluates reactive work for safety issues, plans projects so that safety is key, and reviews preventative work for any unforeseen items that may present safety hurdles.
- Follows manufacturer's recommended preventative HVAC maintenance schedules and startup procedures.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatuses, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Maintains, installs, and operates all equipment and systems related to all building energy systems including boilers, chillers, air compressors, cooling towers, and air handling units.
- Reads and interprets mechanical, HVAC, and pneumatic sketches, drawings, schematics, and blueprints.
- Inspects and tests systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Discusses heating/cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify that malfunctions have been corrected.
- Utilizes software to track, assign, and prioritize reactive, planned, preventative, and predictive mechanical and HVAC maintenance work, and building management systems.
- Work shutdowns to ensure facility equipment is working and uptime is at a maximum.
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- Requires 6 years of relevant experience OR an Associate's degree with two to four years of relevant experience OR a Trade certificate with six years of relevant experience OR Department of Labor certification.
- Ability to coordinate programs including planning, scheduling, ordering, and tracking as well as being able to perform cross-functionally to make repairs within one's capability.
- Experience with Troubleshooting, repairing, and installs of heating equipment, boilers, ventilation systems, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, and other mechanical equipment, in order to provide heating or cooling as needed to the facility.
- Electrical distribution system knowledge. Must be able to troubleshoot, repair, and install buss bars, breaker boxes, motors, and other electrical equipment to enable the facility to operate properly.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service communication skills
- Previous work order tracking and preventative maintenance system knowledge is a plus
- This position will require you to work from heights
- Safely operate scissor lifts, boom lifts, and forklifts
- Universal Refrigerant Certification Preferred
- Ability to work schedule - 3rd Shift, Monday - Friday, 10:45 PM - 7:15 AM, overtime will be required based on the needs of the facility.
- Pay rate starts at $31.00/hr with an additional $1.50/hr. Shift differential. $1500 Sign On Bonus
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage, and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates the right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Central Facilities Office
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Shop
Job Posting May 25, 2023, 11:45:54 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Role Category Onsite
Req ID: 230004K0