Diesel Mechanic - Mount Isa
- Mount Isa, Australia
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Diesel Mechanic specialising in Heavy Vehicle repairs and maintenance for our Mount Isa branch.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers across, predominantly automotive (medium and heavy duty), mining and power generation in the Mount Isa region
- Work in our busy workshop as well as Perform breakdown and preventative tasks ensuring our customers are back up and running safely and efficiently on an on-call roster
- Inspect and replace components as required
- \ Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Operations Manager
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• A Heavy Diesel trade qualification
• Previous field services experience, ideally within the Mount Isa region - desirable
• Experience as a Mechanic in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products, mining equipment, power generation on engines and similar applications, including engine overhauls and major repairs
• Knowledge and experience of working on Cummins products - highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits
Attractive hourly rate commensurate with experience. Overtime penalties. Superannuation. Remote allowance. Rent assistance. Tool allowance. On-call penalties. Relocation assistance available (within Australia). Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program . Salary continuance insurance. Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles. Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided + a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Back to top