Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Diesel Mechanic to join our Mount Gambier team specialising in Heavy Vehicle repairs and maintenance across automotive, agricultural, on-highway and power generation product applications. You will be based in our new and modern facility in the workshop with occasional breakdown work.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers across, automotive, agricultural, timber and power generation
- Complete repairs and maintenance of heavy diesel products
- Diagnose and repair various engines.
- Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Field Service Supervisor
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Mechanical trades qualified as a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic (to Australian standards)
- Experience in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products, mining equipment, power generation on engines and similar applications, including engine overhauls and major repairs, any experience in the Timber industry his highly desirable
- Solid diagnostic and IT capabilities
- Previous experience of working in the local area is highly advantageous
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly rate. Overtime penalties. Tool Allowance. Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program . Income Protection continuance insurance. Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles. Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided and a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.