Diesel Mechanic - Field Service
- Canberra, Australia
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce.That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Workshop Diesel Mechanic to join our team specialising in Heavy Vehicle repairs and maintenance for our Hume branch.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers across, automotive, mining and power generation
- Complete repairs and maintenance of heavy diesel products
- Inspect and replace components as required
- Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Operations Manager
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Mechanical trades qualified as an HCV technician or automotive technician (light / heavy / engine recon)
- Experience as a technician in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products. Cummins engines is highly preferred.
- Ideally possess engine rebuild and reconditioning experience
- Solid diagnostic and IT capabilities
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience + Overtime penalties + tool allowance. Salary continuance insurance. Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles. Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided + a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Back to top