Diesel Engine Technician - $5000 Sign-On Bonus!!
- West Sacramento, CA
We are looking for a talented Workshop Engine Technician to join our team specializing in Diesel Engine Service for our Cummins Sales and Service in West Sacramento, CA.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Service Documentation - Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done
- Technical Escalation - Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner
- Diagnostics Application - Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking
- Electronic Service Tool Application - Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event; utilizes the appropriate electronic tool set to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot an issue; interprets electronic tool results or recommendations to determine next steps for service resolution
- Product Repair and Maintenance - Repairs and maintains mechanical/electrical products following guidelines, using required tools within standard repair time to ensure a quality repair; disassembles and assembles engines or power generators following guidelines, using required tools to ensure a clean and organized environment; inspects and replaces parts and components following re-use guidelines to minimize customers cost of ownership; performs progressive damage check following guidelines to restore to pre-failure condition
- Engine Systems Interactions - Interprets and analyzes the interactions of internal and external electrical and mechanical systems (exhaust, heating, cooling, fuel systems, driveline, aftertreatment, controls, sensors, etc.) by applying tools, service publications (Cummins, Original Equipment Manufacturer) and taking measurements to efficiently and correctly diagnose and repair
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Advanced level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
- 5+ years Heavy Line Mechanic
- Extensive troubleshooting experience
- Experience with both Nat Gas and Diesel engine platforms
- Cummins Engine experience
- Familiar with Cummins warranty practices/policies
- Familiar with Cummins Insite
- Strong computer skills
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Back to top