CPE-Technical Specialist 燃烧性能排放技术专家
- Chongqing, China
• This product focused position performs established technical tasks at the product and cross-business integration level for current and future products within a given business unit or corporate area. This involves work across many steps in the product life cycle. Because of the product centered nature of this position, they are very often a central point of coordination and decision making between product engineers, product line engineers, customer teams, purchasing, suppliers and manufacturing.
• Obtains input from stakeholders such as technical managers, project leaders, other product and manufacturing engineers and supplier partners to deliver information and recommendations that lead to quality product decisions.
• Applies academic knowledge and existing experience to take action and make decisions that progress projects forward without sacrificing project quality expectations. Examples of these decisions include day to day project details, analysis or test work instruction details, coordination across discipline areas, etc. that are necessary to make quality progress.
• Applies and improves processes such as ESW, iDFMEA, FIRG and tools such as 7-step problem solving, design review checklist and other specialized tools required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
• Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
• Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
• Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
• Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
• Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
• Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
• Systems Thinking - Defines the system of interest by drawing the boundaries, identifying its context within its environment, its interfaces, and that it has a lifecycle to aid in planning the problem statement, scope and deliverables ; analyzes linkages and interactions between elements that comprise the system of interest by using appropriate methods, models and integration of outcomes to understand the system, predict its behavior and devise modifications to it in order to produce the desired effects.
• System Requirements Engineering - Uses appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for the system of interest through analysis, allocation and negotiation; tracks the status of requirements throughout the system lifecycle; assesses the impact of changes to system requirements on project scope, schedule, and resources; creates and maintains information linkages to related artifacts.
• System Capability Engineering - Identifies system capability and risks through analysis or experimental testing of the system, sub-system, or super system in the context of its environment; negotiates and verifies requirements against capability to guide project scope and system development accordingly; assesses legacy system versus proposed new system solution capabilities and makes decisions as to how best to achieve system capability with consideration of stakeholder trade-offs.
• Product Interface Management and Integration - Identifies and analyzes the interfaces and interactions across system boundaries by specifying the requirements and limits to ensure that the product meets requirements; controls the interactions across the system element boundaries by making sure that they remain within specified limits; integrates system elements by creating an integration plan, including identification of method and timing for each activity to make it easier to find, isolate, diagnose, and correct.
• Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
• Product Failure Mode Avoidance - Mitigates potential product failure modes, by identifying interfaces, functions, functional requirements, interactions, control factors, noise factors, and prioritized potential failure modes and potential failure causes for the system of interest to effectively and efficiently improve the reliability of Cummins' products.
• Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
• Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making. Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
Back to top