- Manila, Philippines
This role provides an opportunity to be a key leader in a high performing in-house team,
providing legal support to a complex industry-leading organisation with a global footprint.
In this generalist role you will be responsible for handling a variety of complex legal
matters and providing strategic, efficient, cost effective and commercially focused
support to a diverse range of businesses across the Asia Pacific region. You will work in a
fast paced, innovative, and dynamic environment. You will collaborate and contribute
across the organisation, in a role that offers challenge, variety and flexible working
arrangements. In addition to having strong individual delivery attributes, you will love
working in a team, and supporting and growing with your colleagues.
• Act as trusted advisor for mid to high level management with a strong grasp of the business environment
• Effectively partner with the business to identify and design needed improvements
• Provide legal as well as practical advice within the appropriate business context
• Assist in development of legal strategies for business
• Provide support and leadership in legal function projects
• Supervise and/or mentor more junior lawyers, interns and administrative assistants
• Form strong relationships with colleagues and bring value to projects from a legal perspective
• management of external legal providers
• Play a key role in growing the legal team in the Asia Pacific region
• Use technology to maintain and create efficiencies and continuous improvement in legal practice management
• Providing reports for the Executive, Leadership teams, Boards and periodic legal updates.
• Preparing appropriate resources and tools to assist in the education of the workforce in compliance and related legal matters.
• Ensuring the appropriate legal systems are in place.
To be successful it is essential you will:
- Possess a degree in law with a license to practice law in home jurisdiction
- Have significant experience in an in-house environment preferably within a multi-national
- 10 + years post qualification experience
- Be a generalist with strong commercial focus
- Have extensive experience in general commercial law
- Have experience in employment law, litigation, property, and regulatory compliance
- P roject management and delivery experience and skills
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to operate with autonomy and enjoy working as part of a team
- A proven ability to work independently, and to self-manage workloads and projects;
- S trong technical legal skills and knowledge;
- E xperience with advising on complex regulatory matters and frameworks
- E xcellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Experience managing more junior lawyers
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Proven leadership capability
- Commercial acumen quality Assurance/quality control skills.
Cummins Inc., a global technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business segments that designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad portfolio of power solutions. The company's products range from diesel and natural gas engines to hybrid and electric platforms, as well as related technologies, including transmissions, battery systems, fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana (U.S.), since
its founding in 1919, Cummins employs approximately 62,600 people committed to
powering a more prosperous world through three global corporate responsibility
priorities critical to healthy communities: education, environment and equality of
opportunity. Cummins serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories
through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor
locations, and over 7,600 dealer locations. In 2018, the company earned about $2.1
billion on sales of $23.8 billion. See how Cummins is powering a world that's Always On by
accessing news releases and more information at https://www.cummins.com/always-on.
Follow Cummins on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cummins and on YouTube at
Back to top