We are looking for a talented Production Associate to join our team specializing in Machining for our Mid-Range Engine Plant in Columbus, IN with starting pay of $17.75/hour plus $1.50 shift premium.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
Operates machines and production equipment in accordance with quality and productivity requirements safely in a manufacturing environment with limited guidance.
- Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures & regulations.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Promote interdependence by looking out for one another.
- Correct hazards within your control and capabilities.
- Recognize how your work may impact the environment and work to minimize the negative impact.
- Engage in HSE Training.
- Follows all applicable standard work, process documentation and quality procedures such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), poka-yoke and visual standards.
- Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
- Performs quality inspections.
- Identifies and controls non-conforming material.
- Operates manual and automated equipment to manufacture and assemble product in order to create the proper characteristics and dimensions necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Demonstrates a high level of competency in core work skills.
- Achieves production goals.
- Works at the required cycle time or defined engineering standard.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping tasks and machine cleaning tasks and performs planned operator care and maintenance tasks.
- Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet production goals.
- Works with peers, skilled trades and support staff to maintain and identify equipment needing repair.
- Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
- Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements.
- Participates actively in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization