Cloud Network Engineer
- Columbus, IN
We are looking for a talented Cloud Network Engineer to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology our Cummins Business Services Unit in Columbus, Indiana
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Provide application or infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with IT architecture policies and standards.
- T ranslate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
- Assists in creating high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
- Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
- Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
- Participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject. Plus 2-3 years of Cloud experience.
- Working knowledge of AWS and Azure
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls
- Understanding of IP addressing and BGP routing
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Back to top