We are looking for a talented BI, Analytics & Data Architect Lead. This position is fully remote.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
In this exciting role, you will have a strategic impact defining and implementing data architecture and strategies for longer term focus while also balancing the immediate needs. You will focus on key areas such as the strategic direction, data architecture, business processes, data modeling, data management, and governance for our Data Platform which supports data and information needs for BI, Analytics, and more.
- Stays current with emerging technologies as it relates to data and analytics
- Define and develop reusable data architecture deliverables, artifacts and building blocks (e.g. conceptual models, logical models, physical models, etc.). Candidates must be well versed in business processes and understand organizations complexities.
- Provides thought leadership, develops strategies and methods for analyzing and profiling data, and assists Data Analysts in the application of methods to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency.
- Applies high level analytical techniques on data sets to find patterns and anomalies in data sets.
- Uses data analysis results at all levels to provide recommendations and designs solutions to improve data management processes, reduce data redundancy and resolve data issues.
- Establishes and maintains data standards, best practices, processes, procedures and establishes and maintains capability roadmaps.
- Supports data and data governance audits within assigned domains; works proactively to identify and resolve compliance issues ahead of audit; ensures compliance to data governance requirements aligned with data owner and business objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively through data story telling leveraging data visualizations and other means.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- 8+ years of Data Architecture and Data Modeling
- Significant experience in Data Quality practices and techniques
- College, university or equivalent degree preferred or equivalent work experience in relevant technical discipline.
- Experience in Big Data datasets modeling and Data Warehouse data modeling in a cloud environment is preferred
- Experience in the Manufacturing data domain is desired
Amount of Travel Less Than 10%
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.