2021 Campus Hire - Sensor Engineering传感器工程师
- Wuhan, China
- This entry level engineering position applies basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices to one or more of the following assigned tasks: specification, design, development, analysis, release, validation and maintenance of new and current products/subsystems through the product life cycle. Works effectively with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional teams.
- Investigates product, system, and/or technology problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Main focus will include working in business processes of Product Preceding Technology (PPT), Value Package Introduction (VPI) or Current Product Support (CPS) and executing technical processes such as Engineering Standard Work (ESW), iDFMEA, Failure Incident Review Group (FIRG) while using tools such as 7-step problem solving, design review checklist and other discipline specific specialized tools required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Obtains input from stakeholders such as technical managers, project leaders, product and manufacturing engineers and supplier partners to deliver information and recommendations that lead to successful project decisions.
- Applies academic knowledge and existing experience to take action and make decisions that progress projects forward without sacrificing project quality expectations. Examples of these decisions include day to day project details, analysis or test work instruction details, coordination across discipline areas that are necessary to make quality progress.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a relatively low degree of technical complexity and ambiguity.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes
- Involves minimal direct management of people but could involve the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or temporary student employees.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role (see "competencies" below)
- Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
- System Capability Engineering - Identifies system capability and risks through analysis or experimental testing of the system, sub-system, or super system in the context of its environment; negotiates and verifies requirements against capability to guide project scope and system development accordingly; assesses legacy system versus proposed new system solution capabilities and makes decisions as to how best to achieve system capability with consideration of stakeholder trade-offs.
- Systems Thinking - Defines the system of interest by drawing the boundaries, identifying its context within its environment, its interfaces, and that it has a lifecycle to aid in planning the problem statement, scope and deliverables ; analyzes linkages and interactions between elements that comprise the system of interest by using appropriate methods, models and integration of outcomes to understand the system, predict its behavior and devise modifications to it in order to produce the desired effects.
- Product Failure Mode Avoidance - Mitigates potential product failure modes, by identifying interfaces, functions, functional requirements, interactions, control factors, noise factors, and prioritized potential failure modes and potential failure causes for the system of interest to effectively and efficiently improve the reliability of Cummins' products.
- Product Verification and Validation Management - Coordinates the development of design verification and system validation plans from a variety of inputs to identify failure modes while managing risk and relative priority; evaluates analytical and experimental test results following engineering principles to verify that products meet internal technical requirements and to validate that design solutions meet customer needs; produces recommendations with technical documentation to support product decisions.
- Product Development Execution, Monitoring and Control - Plans, schedules, coordinates and executes the activities involved in developing a product to a respectively aligned hierarchy of requirements and technical profiles; monitors and communicates across functional boundaries to meet project resource and quality expectations; ensures product capability meets or exceeds expectations and takes mitigating actions when project risks are higher than expected; understands the full product life cycle process and stakeholders.
- Technical Documentation - Documents information based on knowledge gained as part of technical function activities; communicates to stakeholders with the goal of enabling improved technical productivity and effective knowledge transfer to others who were not originally part of the initial learning.
- Applies Principles of Statistical Methods - Analyzes technical data using descriptive statistics, probability distributions, graphical analysis, and statistical inference (population and sample, confidence intervals, and hypothesis testing); models relationships between response and independent variables using analysis of variance, regression, and design of experiments to make rigorous, data-based decisions.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Minimal work experience required. Preferred candidates would have relevant experience working in an temporary student employment, intern, co-op, or other extracurricular team activities.
Back to top