2021 Campus Hire -Electronics System Engineer电子系统控制工程师
- Wuhan, China
This applied technology position creates software that is sold as an integral part of Cummins' products. People in these positions will have involvement in specification, design, implementation, testing and/or release of software that controls the operation of Cummins' products in a variety of customer applications.
- Investigates embedded software problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Applies and supports the improvement of embedded software development processes and tools. Processes include model based development, coding, compiling and test. Tools include Simulink, code editors, integration tools, static analysis tools, compilers and hardware in the loop test tools.
- Obtains input and negotiates with product and software development teams and delivers verified software features, components, and builds to product teams.
- Makes decisions in the areas of software requirements, design, implementation and test that impact the quality and performance of individual software features and/or components.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer level and with greater accountability to the project team.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
- Involves minimal direct management of people, but could involve the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or temporary student employees.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
- Embedded Software Design and Construction - Constructs embedded software using industry best practices and robust software engineering principles; verifies software updates to ensure quality products.
- Product Verification and Validation Management - Coordinates the development of design verification and system validation plans from a variety of inputs to identify failure modes while managing risk and relative priority; evaluates analytical and experimental test results following engineering principles to verify that products meet internal technical requirements and to validate that design solutions meet customer needs; produces recommendations with technical documentation to support product decisions.
- System Requirements Engineering - Uses appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for the system of interest through analysis, allocation and negotiation; tracks the status of requirements throughout the system lifecycle; assesses the impact of changes to system requirements on project scope, schedule, and resources; creates and maintains information linkages to related artifacts.
- Product Platform Planning and Architecting - Creates and develops a holistic product platform including key architectural feature and function variants needed to align with market level product plans of future target markets; generates alternative architectures traceable to the requirements and performs trade-off analysis in collaboration with life-cycle stakeholders to ensure a balanced and optimum platform; communicates and maintains traceable information and plans executed by product development teams.
- Product Failure Mode Avoidance - Mitigates potential product failure modes, by identifying interfaces, functions, functional requirements, interactions, control factors, noise factors, and prioritized potential failure modes and potential failure causes for the system of interest to effectively and efficiently improve the reliability of Cummins' products.
- Systems Thinking - Defines the system of interest by drawing the boundaries, identifying its context within its environment, its interfaces, and that it has a lifecycle to aid in planning the problem statement, scope and deliverables ; analyzes linkages and interactions between elements that comprise the system of interest by using appropriate methods, models and integration of outcomes to understand the system, predict its behavior and devise modifications to it in order to produce the desired effects.
- System Capability Engineering - Identifies system capability and risks through analysis or experimental testing of the system, sub-system, or super system in the context of its environment; negotiates and verifies requirements against capability to guide project scope and system development accordingly; assesses legacy system versus proposed new system solution capabilities and makes decisions as to how best to achieve system capability with consideration of stakeholder trade-offs.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required. Post-graduate (Master's) degree relevant to this discipline area may be required for select roles.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Prior entry level engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required. Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred
Back to top