Development Operations Engineer
Development Operations Engineer
CSI globalVCard needs a technologist and problem solver that can wear many hats in our growing organization. You need to be good at picking up a new challenge on a daily basis, figuring things out on your own or with others and then bring rigor and thoughtfulness to the solution. You should be half programmer and half system admin. Day to day, you will manage our agile software release process while participating on projects associated with infrastructure management, system admin, release engineering, application deployment, system monitoring, making improvements to development environments and application load testing and various automation efforts. You should be excited by the prospect of creating tools to help automate daily or routine tasks.
This is what you’ll do…
• Support an always-available web-based platform
• Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
• Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy instances from hardened images
• Using monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development and ensure that we exceed our SLAs
• Build and manage development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools
• Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure
• Break down moderately complex processes into simple and reliable components
• Contribute to the creation of system support documents
• Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis
• Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines
• Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
We’re looking for someone who…
• is awesome
• wants to be part of a fun crew
• has clear written and verbal communication skills
• has a passion for providing excellent service to all internal and external customers
• is a supportive team player but comfortable leading as well
• is super organized
• loves change and variety
• isn't afraid to stand out
• is a fearless critical thinker and always looking for ways to work smarter
• is positive, driven, and full of energy
• is honest and trustworthy
• is willing to learn and be challenged daily
• A bachelor’s degree and 3 years of professional work experience
• Java Application Server administration and JVM tuning experience (e.g. JBoss, Tomcat, TorqueBox )
• Linux administration experience (e.g. Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS) with a focus on full stack web implementations
• Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, HTML, XML
• Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
• Clear understanding of message queues and inter-app communication using them
• Firm grasp on version control concepts (Git, subversion, Perforce)
• Solid experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as EC2, RDS, VPC and S3
• Prior experience with nginx, JBoss, TorqueBox
• Experience with automation, using scripting and tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, RunDeck
• Experience using Docker, Consul, Vagrant, CoreOS or equivalent
• Experience doing Continuous Integration and Deployment with tools like Jenkins and Travis CI
• Experience with monitoring and load testing systems
• Experience with syslog and log aggregation services like papertrail and loggly
• Experience organizing and managing multiple monitoring tools (newrelic, server density, nagios, pagerduty)
• Java or Ruby development experience
You’ll get perks…
• 100% employer paid Health Insurance for employee
• 5% employer match 401K with profit sharing
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Catered lunches
• Gym membership
• Random extra perks – for example, we recently had a spur-of-the-moment “fastest typist competition” with a $300 prize!
Why work for CSI?
CSI globalVCard isn’t your average office. We’re a FinTech company in Bonita Springs, Florida providing innovative payment solutions to some of the world’s most iconic brands, while providing the highest level of customer service and support.
Our company culture reflects the value of working hard, the importance of giving back, and the joy of having fun along the way. At the core, our business is all about people. It’s about hiring the best talent. It’s about making our customers feel special every time we engage.
This is a small, energetic, and growing company where you’re going to have the opportunity to stand out, shine, and build your career, and where we place a huge emphasis on helping you to develop your skillset and become a major player.
So if you want a killer workplace that respects its team members, with work that makes you excited to get up in the morning, you may be just the person for CSI globalVCard.
Meet Some of CSI globalVCard's Employees
Justin is primarily responsible for developing the individual businesses of CSI globalVCard clients by promoting and providing financial product solutions for real-time problems.
Back to top