Sr. Commercial Product Manager
Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Sr. Commercial Product Manager to join our Product Ops team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
The Sr. Commercial Product Manager will develop new products and maintain existing insurance product features relevant to customers and to achieve profit and growth goals. Primary responsibilities include supporting the day-to-day operations of assigned products, evaluating and making recommendations to improve products, and actively working with others to ensure alignment with business needs and requirements. Will manage product strategy, price, underwriting guidelines, coverage forms, and process in assigned products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create long and short-term growth and profit strategies for assigned products that align with company-wide strategies.
- Analyze market trends, vendor products, competitive product features, industry trends, and best practices.
- Evaluate the proposed impact of procedure, vendor and program changes to key metrics such as profit, production, retention and satisfaction, and monitoring post implementation results.
- Develop underwriting strategy and guideline changes for assigned products.
- Manage versions and changes to policy coverage forms for assigned products.
- Schedule, coordinate, participate in, and lead a portion of: rate, rule and form review discussions with Pricing Committee.
- Communicate product feature and process changes to agents, marketing, field operations, underwriting, and technology teams.
- Develop project plans and manage tasks across Functional groups to ensure timely implementation.
- Lead new product development, maintenance, and retirement of old products.
- Optimize the customer product experience and customer satisfaction.
- Lead underwriting training and audits, the introduction of new and/or revised policies, product data integrity, procedures and programs. Collaboration in the development, implementation and maintenance of underwriting programs and tools.
- Report Profit and Loss performance results of assigned products to senior management.
- Provide strategic direction, consulting and recommendations to senior management for future product enhancements
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders and support teams towards business objective
- Develop acquisition and retention strategies to achieve business objectives
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Strong knowledge of product management, marketing strategy and principles, and strategic planning
- Financial analysis experience - skilled in budgets, cost estimates, cost benefit analysis
- Strong knowledge of product analysis, principles and methods
- Business and technical writing skills (e.g. proposals, PowerPoint presentation, business requirements, Microsoft project, Suite Microsoft Office)
- Skilled in project management techniques and processes
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding business systems and processes and how they link together
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve business results
- Proven success delivering against business growth and profit plans developed with marketing and underwriting organizations.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Marketing, business, or a related field). CPCU or MBA/Advanced Degree required.
- 8+ years of P&C insurance product management experience required including commercial product management experience. Prior commercial underwriting, sales, claims or marketing experience required.
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Fausto is focused on helping CSE transition to a new phase of automation and predictive modeling, heading up the Software Team responsible for crafting a new and crucial data warehouse.
Back to top