Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Software Developer to join our IT Development team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
The Software Developer will work in a cross-functional environment with other departments, including Business Analysts, QA, and product owners. Thus, t he ideal candidate is interested in affecting positive change and sustainable solutions across all business units. Reporting directly to the Manager of Software Development, the Sr. Developer will excel in a highly collaborative environment with cross-functional exposure and high visibility to management and leadership.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for building and executing company strategy for insurance platform including policy and claims management systems
• Work as part of a small agile development team developing using Java and other web technologies
• Write unit and integration tests for Java code
• Design, in collaboration with team, the software implementations, which includes implementing extensible Java classes to support a growing feature set demand on the policy management system
• Participate in the design/architecture of new solutions, create design specifications, program to specifications
• Construct technical plans and coordinate on function requirements activities with BAs
• Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for Java code
• Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
• Participate in the buildout and support of the Amazon Web Service (AWS) platform for policy management system
• Analyze system software changes and their impact on production systems
• Monitor and support operation of production systems where necessary
• Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
• Development knowledge in Java and J2EE framework.
• Good understanding of databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, DB2
• Experience building APIs using SOAP and/or REST
• Working knowledge of Linux and/or Windows platform
• Working knowledge of Eclipse, ANT, CVS, Git
• J2EE testing framework such as JUnit
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Able to work in a fast pace and flexible agile development environment
• Web application development experience
• Agile management tool exposure (e.g., RallyDev)
• Exposure to PaaS cloud computing
• Working knowledge in code review, code coverage and code quality tools
• Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
• Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
• Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent area of study
• 5-10 years' experience in software development
• Insurance Industry Experience (commercial property and casualty insurance highly desirable)
• Oracle Java SE 7 Programmer Certification
• Experience with Sure Power Innovation program (SPInn) is desired
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose - to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Back to top