Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Senior Underwriter to join our Ops team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You’ll love our stuff!
The Underwriter contributes to profitable growth by fostering strong agency relationships, enforcing risk eligibility, ensuring data integrity, product improvement projects, and process contributions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept or reject new, renewal, and endorsements, in accordance with company guidelines
- Cultivates positive business development relationships with agents
- Ensures data integrity for discounts, exposure base etc.
- Contributes to business requirements, and user acceptance testing
- Provide timely, courteous and efficient customer service to internal and external customers
- Handle agent phone calls, e-mails and face to face visits
- If assigned- prices BOP and places facultative reinsurance
- Trains agents on appetite, systems, process, rules, and products
- Contributes to special projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized, pays attention to details
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Team oriented, and demonstrates a positive attitude
- Receptive to feedback, adaptable to change and has a desire to learn
- Comprehension of how underwriting tasks contribute to company financial results
- Stay current with industry practices and insurance regulation
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Enroll in CPCU or other designation program
- Other sales, claims, analysis or marketing experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in commercial or personal lines underwriting
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer’s mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
My oversees the Underwriting Team responsible for the operation of personal lines and agency management in California, Arizona, and Nevada, ensuring profitable production and retention of customers.
Back to top