Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Property Claims Manager to join our Claims team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
The Property Claims Manager will provide supervision of first party property files and programs for a team of 6-7 examiners. This includes managing assignments, consulting with examiners and leading programs for external services (adjusters, experts, vendors, etc.) while assisting with coverage decisions in accordance with Best Practices, jurisdictional compliance, statutory and case law. Responsible for training and development of staff along with monitoring claim process, conducting file reviews and claim audits. Oversee investigations and consult with Coverage and General Counsel when warranted. Aide in technical claim adjudication in addition to authorizing and approving claim payments commensurate with established authority levels. Oversees the team operation conforms to company strategic plan and designated metrics. Incumbent will provide guidance and counselling to team members in all aspects of claims to include performance management. Responsible for ensuring required data is obtained to determine both the extent of liability and measurement of the loss is consistent with afforded coverage, ensuring timely payments and pursuing subrogation and assisting with reinsurance recovery. Work closely with Director of Claims, underwriters and product, identifying industry trends and developments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage evaluations and settlements of first-party property claims in accordance with Best Practices, policies and goals to maximize effectiveness.
- Review and coach on property losses, estimate reconciliation, construction methodology and coverage under the insurance contracts.
- Assist in directing investigations and claim settlement activities of Field Adjusters and other vendors.
- Oversee all claims activities (i.e. investigations, evaluations, and settlements) are in accordance with corporate claims policies and procedures.
- Ensure claim investigations are thorough and appropriate claims are referred to subrogation and SIU as warranted.
- Pay claims within their designated authority.
- Investigate and resolve complaints and problems which cannot be resolved by property staff.
- Maintain individual expertise by reviewing industry periodicals and publications pertaining to property claims and attending approved seminars, conferences or workshops.
- Lead and inspire team to achieve and surpass expectations.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Must have strong skills in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Must have strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Must be able to function under a heavy volume of work and to make independent decisions.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype) Xactimate estimating software.
- Proactive in dealing with customers and takes ownership and responsibility for driving issues to resolution.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile environment.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of property claims management experience
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Fausto is focused on helping CSE transition to a new phase of automation and predictive modeling, heading up the Software Team responsible for crafting a new and crucial data warehouse.
Back to top