Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Property Examiner to join our Claims team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
The Property Examiner will provide updates on customer problems and safety or policy violations. Will maintain documentation of claim and claim denial, and report on pending claims and findings to the Claims Manager. Will perform detailed investigations, field audits, and telephone interviews to research claims. Will follow and maintain claims management guidelines and best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluate and settle first-party personal claims by phone.
• Examine assigned claim files, insurance policies and other documents to determine coverage applicable to a loss.
• Utilize and direct the investigation and claims settlement activities of Field Adjusters and other vendors.
• Ensure that all claims activities (i.e. investigations, evaluations, and settlements) are in accordance with corporate claims policies and procedures.
• Investigate claims thoroughly and refer claims with Special Investigative Unit or Subrogation department as warranted.
• Pay claims within their designated authority.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
• Must have strong skills in negotiation and conflict resolution.
• Must have excellent communication skills. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
• Must have strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet scheduled deadlines.
• Must be able to function under a heavy volume of work and to make independent decisions.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Proactive in dealing with customers and takes ownership and responsibility for driving issues to resolution.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile environment.
• Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
• Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
• Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree.
2-4 Years of Property claims handling experience or related field required
Back to top