Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Property Examiner to join our Claims team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
The Property Examiner will provide updates on customer problems and safety or policy violations. Will maintain documentation of claim and claim denial, and report on pending claims and findings to the Claims Manager. Will perform detailed investigations, field audits, and telephone interviews to research claims. Will follow and maintain claims management guidelines and best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and settle first-party personal claims by phone.
- Examine assigned claim files, insurance policies and other documents to determine coverage applicable to a loss.
- Utilize and direct the investigation and claims settlement activities of Field Adjusters and other vendors.
- Ensure that all claims activities (i.e. investigations, evaluations, and settlements) are in accordance with corporate claims policies and procedures.
- Investigate claims thoroughly and refer claims with Special Investigative Unit or Subrogation department as warranted.
- Pay claims within their designated authority.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Must have strong skills in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Must have strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Must be able to function under a heavy volume of work and to make independent decisions.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Proactive in dealing with customers and takes ownership and responsibility for driving issues to resolution
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile environment
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree.
- Some claims experience preferred
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Fausto is focused on helping CSE transition to a new phase of automation and predictive modeling, heading up the Software Team responsible for crafting a new and crucial data warehouse.
Back to top