Material Damage Claims Examiner
Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Material Damage Claims Examiner to join our Claims team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
The Material Damage Claims Examiner will compile information derived from correspondence with claimant, witnesses and various experts. Will negotiate the settlement of claims, calculate and authorize payment of claim settlements in accordance with policy and coverage. Will investigate and analyze insurance claims to determine extent of insurance company's liability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine assigned claim files, insurance policies and other documents to determine coverage applicable to a loss. Present cases to a roundtable committee.
- Ensure that all claims activities (i.e. investigations, evaluations, and settlements) are in accordance with corporate claims policies and procedures.
- Determine liability through statements, analyzing scene, reviewing police reports, examine vehicle damages, and understand the Rule of the Road.
- Negotiate resolutions directly with insureds and claimants, within a given authority.
- Recognize and pursue subrogation opportunities with direct supervision.
- Organized and efficient while handling a large volume of incoming claims
- Handle rental assignments and review vehicle damage estimates.
- Resolve minor injury claims with direct supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Must have a strong customer service focus.
- Prefer a working knowledge of insurance contracts, Unfair Claims Settlement Practices, and claims guidelines.
- Must have strong skills in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Must have strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Must be able to function under a heavy volume of work and to make independent decisions.
- Proactive in dealing with customers and takes ownership and responsibility for driving issues to resolution
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile environment
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of professional work experience
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Fausto is focused on helping CSE transition to a new phase of automation and predictive modeling, heading up the Software Team responsible for crafting a new and crucial data warehouse.
Back to top