Manger of Portfolio Analytics
Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Manager of Portfolio Analytics to join our Actuary team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
The Manager of Portfolio Analytics helps guide business intelligence by liaising with IT on behalf of the Business. This position orchestrates collaboration between data providers and data consumers, coheads the deployment of the Data Warehouse and determines best practices for data usage and reporting tools across the organization. This position establishes reporting and monitoring processes for Analytics, Underwriting, Claims, Sales, etc., as well as performing analytic support for portfolio monitoring, reinsurance and catastrophe concentration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop management tools and reports to analyze and determine profit/loss segments, CAT concentration exposures, production and retention trends, and all other areas which can impact financial performance goals.
- Work in conjunction with Underwriting to help manage the book including determining concentration of business and overall PML.
- Contribute to the creation/modification of Underwriting Guidelines/Rules.
- Assist Product Management in the development of new programs and pricing.
- Assist IT in development of business intelligence solutions, including Data Warehouse deployment and deliverables.
- Develop governance and best practice for enterprise reporting efforts.
- Prepare user documentation to access and modify reports.
- Train users on reporting systems.
- Plan and lead special projects.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Five plus years experience in data-driven analyst role with insurance systems which developed dashboards, score cards, benchmarks, and metrics to analyze books of business.
- Database management / advanced development experience with SAS, R or SQL.
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve business results
- Proven success delivering against business growth and profit plans developed with marketing and underwriting organizations.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Database management / advanced development experience with SAS, R or SQL is required.
- P&C insurance experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) in business or a quantitative discipline (computer science, engineering, statistics, etc.) is required.
- Master's degree or insurance designation (FCAS, CPCU, etc) is preferred.
- Relevant technical certification (MCSA, SAS Certified, etc) is preferred.
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
As one of the four territory managers for California, Lisa travels in her company car on a daily basis, meeting CSE’s customers to talk about goals and develop relationships.
Back to top