Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Lead Underwriter to join our Underwriting team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
The Lead Underwriter contributes to profitable growth by fostering strong agency relationships, enforcing risk eligibility and ensuring data integrity. They also contribute to process, data analytic, and product improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept or reject new, renewal, and endorsements, in accordance with company guidelines
- Cultivates positive business development relationships with agents
- Ensures data integrity for discounts, exposure base etc.
- Provide timely, courteous and efficient customer service to internal and external customers
- Handle agent phone calls, e-mails and face to face visits
- Contributes to business requirements, and user acceptance testing
- If assigned- prices BOP and places facultative reinsurance
- Trains agents on appetite, systems, process, rules, and products
- Conduct quality control audits and writes large loss reports
- Recommends process, product and system enhancements
- Responsible for special projects as assigned
- Initiates and drives business process improvements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized, pays attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Team oriented, and demonstrates a positive attitude
- Receptive to feedback, adaptable to change and has a desire to learn
- Stay current with industry practices and insurance regulation
- Comprehension of how underwriting tasks contribute to company financial results
- Understands company rating plans, cause of loss, frequency and severity patterns, and cat risk management
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- CPCU or other designation
- Other sales, claims, analysis or marketing experience preferred
- 10+ years of experience in commercial or personal lines underwriting
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Fausto is focused on helping CSE transition to a new phase of automation and predictive modeling, heading up the Software Team responsible for crafting a new and crucial data warehouse.
Back to top