Large Loss Manager
Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Large Loss Manager to join our Claims team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You’ll love our stuff!
Manage large loss team of specialists who investigate, evaluate, settle, and process property and casualty claims, both litigated and non-litigated. This position will report to the Director of Claims. Travel up to 25% of the time is required
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general and technical guidance to the staff:
- Assign claims to adjusting staff in accordance with individual’s experience and caseload.
- Mentor staff through pre-suit and post-suit matters and advise staff on settlement negotiations exceeding their authority.
- Plan and direct the development of staff.
- Manage and lead large loss specialists including on attorney represented and unrepresented files toward resolution.
- Handle and manage litigated claim files in collaboration with outside defense panel and conflict counsel; attends trials and mediations as needed.
- Maintain liaison with vendors, attorneys, independent adjusters and appraisers.
- Conduct audits of large loss claim files, including participating in corporate audits, and conduct other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve business results.
- Proven success delivering in rapidly changing claims environment.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATION
- Minimum fifteen years claim experience is required. Supervisory and large loss experience is required.
- Working knowledge of insurance contracts, Unfair Claims Settlement Practices, insurance codes, civil codes, vehicle codes, arbitration rules and regulations, tort law, claims best practices handling and management.
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer’s mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
My oversees the Underwriting Team responsible for the operation of personal lines and agency management in California, Arizona, and Nevada, ensuring profitable production and retention of customers.
Back to top