Jr. QA Tester
- Walnut Creek, CA
Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking an entry-level QA Tester to join our IT team in Walnut Creek, CA. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization. Our IT team is built by individuals working towards a common goal of professional development and providing the best possible solutions to lead the company in sustained and profitable growth.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement.
As a Junior QA Tester you will be responsible for testing multiple projects. Teamwork and a professional attitude are key in this role. Well-organized and detail oriented are the essential skills for this position. Communication skills, both written and oral must be professional and accurate. Strong interpersonal skills are very important as well as you will be working with BSA and Development team. CSE will be providing training for this role and looking for candidates that are eager to learn, grow, and develop their technical knowledge and skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Capability to work in the fast pace environment
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously and produce high quality products
- Documenting: updating testing processes; keep testing documentation updated
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to assimilate new information, understand complex topics and arrive at sound analysis and judgment
- Experience in writing user stories, creating defects and reporting test results
- Experience in creating and executing functional and regression test cases
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Participate in Scrum Meetings - stand up, planning and retrospective meetings
- Assist Automation team
- Help Automation team to identify candidates for automation smoke and regression scripts
- Other duties as assigned
- We will be providing training for this role and looking for candidates that are eager to learn, grow, and develop their technical knowledge and skills.
- Junior/Entry level experience
- Advanced software testing background through extended quality assurance experience
- understanding of agile methodologies is the plus
- SQL scripting knowledge is the big plus
- Solid understanding of the ins and outs of web application infrastructure
- Experienced with User Acceptance Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional testing and Regression testing
- Capable of contributing to libraries with little to no supervision as well as providing supervision for more junior engineers
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels and attain desired results.
- Must have the ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve business results.
- Works well under stress and tight deadlines
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Bachelors or Masters in a technical field (Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Technology, etc.) OR technical experience and knowledge gained from going through a technical program/internship/boot camp
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose - to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Back to top