CSE Insurance Group is proud to offer a collaborative, energetic work environment that fosters growth and innovation. We are currently seeking an Insurance Analyst to join our Analytics team. This role reports directly to the Analytics Manager, and is based in our East Bay home office - conveniently located in the heart of downtown Walnut Creek and easily accessible to BART, public transportation, and a wide variety of restaurants and cafés!
Use structured techniques to design, develop, test, and document portfolio management analytical tools/reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop management tools and reports to analyze and determine profit/loss segments, CAT concentration exposures, production and retention trends, and all other areas which can impact financial performance goals.
- Work in conjunction with Underwriting to help manage the book including determining concentration of business and overall PML.
- Contribute to the creation/modification of Underwriting Guidelines/Rules.
- Assist Product Management in the development of new programs and pricing.
- Prepare user documentation to access and modify reports.
- Train users on reporting systems.
- Prepare status reports on projects.
- Perform project definition activities on small to medium sized projects.
- Establish, update and follow work standards and procedures for processes and products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Database management / advanced development experience with SAS or SQL REQUIRED.
- Data-driven decision maker, able to complete thorough research and investigation, yet make timely decisions.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to balance the strategic and the tactical.
- Ability to work effectively as independent contributor and to collaborate and influence in a team-based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve business results
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Three plus years' experience in data-driven analyst role with insurance systems which developed dashboards, score cards, benchmarks, and metrics to analyze books of business. P&C insurance experience is REQUIRED.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) required in business or a quantitative discipline (math, statistics, computer science, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree or insurance designation (FCAS, CPCU, etc) is preferred.
We provide a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match), complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose - to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Fausto is focused on helping CSE transition to a new phase of automation and predictive modeling, heading up the Software Team responsible for crafting a new and crucial data warehouse.
Back to top